So Bad It's Good
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:27 pm

Mega Piranha 
Batshit Crazy
Batshit Crazy

Post Mega Piranha
Back in January when I learned that The Asylum was making a movie called "Mega Piranha" starring 80s pop sensation, Tiffany, and former "Brady Bunch" star Barry Williams, I couldn't help but chuckle.

It seems that the studio who has made a living out of copying other studio's movies, was now copying itself.

As you probably already now, The Asylum released the movie "Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus", which starred 80s pop sensation, Debbie Gibson, last year.

Debbie Gibson....Tiffany......giant Piranha's....giant shark, giant octopus.

Seems a little bit like the exact same thing being redone again, doesn't it?

Well today the trailer came out, and my chuckle turned into roaring laughter.

For years The Asylum has been known for putting out some really corny movies, but this time, they have really outdone themselves. Piranhas jumping out of the water and attacking helicopters, plucking paratroopers from the sky, wrestling with 80s red-headed pop stars and 70s sitcom actors. It's something you have to see to believe. That's why I have the trailer for you below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1q90gk1DPw

"Mega Piranha" airs this Saturday on the SyFy Channel, and trust me, you don't want to miss this!

Here is the press release:

Brady Bunch alum Barry Williams teams with pop singer Tiffany to save Florida from a giant piranha and Jewel Staite takes on the infamous American-born legend, The Mothman, when Syfy celebrates spring with a pair of pass-the-pizza-and-beer Saturday Original Movies.

In Mega Piranha, premiering on Saturday, April 10, at 9PM (ET/PT), Barry Williams, 1980s singing sensation Tiffany and Paul Logan (Megafault) form an unusual alliance to stop a mutant strain of giant ferocious piranhas that have escaped from the Amazon and are eating their way to Florida. Produced by David Michael Latt, David Rimawi and Paul Bales. Directed and written by Eric Forsberg.

Jewel Staite (Firefly, Stargate Atlantis) stars in Mothman, premiering Saturday, April 24, at 9PM (ET/PT). In the movie, the legendary West Virginia monster returns to exact revenge on five childhood friends who covered up an accidental killing. Produced by Brad Krevoy and Reuben Liber. Directed by Sheldon Wilson. Written by Sonny Lee and Patrick Walsh.

Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 96 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)

Yeh, I think I can imagine something greater......but, probably not funnier.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:06 am
Sabrina the Witch
Sabrina the Witch

Post Re: Mega Piranha
:lol: please god no!
"it wasn't a terrorist, it was a Giant Piranha" :haha:
they seriously running out ideas here
SyFy sure sunk at an ultimate low teaming up with Asylum
what's next? Giant Turtles? or perhaps go for the giant chickens variation this time, with an end battle against a giant rooster? :lol:
No lets go for a MegaHawk

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:39 pm
Batshit Crazy
Batshit Crazy

enterlexx wrote:
what's next? Giant Turtles? or perhaps go for the giant chickens variation this time, with an end battle against a giant rooster? :lol:
No lets go for a MegaHawk

all great ideas, i'm sold :D

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:06 pm
Sir SlapMePlease

Movie about man eating fish? I'm in. :pooper:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:14 pm
buttfuckbullfrog
buttfuckbullfrog

Frankenfish was awesome. This is awesomer!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:12 pm