So Bad It's Good
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am

Imagine Film Festival, Amsterdam 
Living in Nilbog

Post Imagine Film Festival, Amsterdam
Hi, for all who live close or in Amsterdam: there will be a festival in April, called Imagine Film Festival. Site: http://www.imaginefilmfestival.nl/home

Check programme for more info.

Tips: Uwe Boll will come to promote his new film! And... there will be a screening of...

Best Worst film (the docu on Troll 2) and right after that, a showing of the infamous film itself: TROLL 2!!! http://www.imaginefilmfestival.nl/nieuwsoverzicht/374

I'm going, with a few friends. So if you are interested, join us!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:00 pm
Veggie Fridge
Veggie Fridge

Post Re: Imagine Film Festival, Amsterdam
Uwe! :pooper:

:pooper: Troll 2 :pooper:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:29 pm
Sabrina the Witch
Sabrina the Witch

hell yeah
which movie is he promoting?
:bangger:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:56 pm
Veggie Fridge
Veggie Fridge

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1337057/

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:23 pm
Sabrina the Witch
Sabrina the Witch

Quote:
A man with a thirst for revenge builds a full body armor from Kevlar and goes on a killing spree.

:aww:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:33 am
SLightly Deformed
SLightly Deformed

flyingsheepcannon wrote:
Quote:
A man with a thirst for revenge builds a full body armor from Kevlar and goes on a killing spree.

:aww:

:thr: :ere:

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:38 am
Living in Nilbog

Imagine was great, but I forgot to post about it. Here is my review:

La Horde - French zombieflick. It's kind of fast paced, it has loads of (zombie)action, but still it isn't a great movie. Characters are nice but also a bit cliche and superficial. The storyline is OK, cinematography is good, although they stole some ideas from REC (shot down the stairs). There is a good portion of humour, I had fun watching it. The CGI blood spoiled a lot for me as it looked very ugly and out of place. The scene you will see on the movieposter is awesome if you forget about the CGI blood. To conclude: nice movie, nothing really special but way better as those handycam zombieflicks and also way better than the also French movie Mutants. Recommended for zombiefans.

Best Worst Movie - documentary on Troll 2, presumable the worst movie ever made. In this documentary we meet almost the entire cast, some of the crew and the riter and director of Troll 2.The hilarious thing about it is that most of the actors realise they have been part of making a total turd, but the director is not. On conventions where the actors for example tell the audience that they didn't even have full scripts, the director gets mad and shouts that the actors are lying bastards. In interviews the actors admit that this movie was so bad, they advised anyone they knew to not watch it, while the director still thinks he made a masterpiece. I also had a great time listening to the scriptwriter (the director's wife) saying she wrote this script because she was angry about the fact that a lot of her friends became vegetarians. Some of the actors aren't totally OK in the head, like the owner of the general store, who turns out to be a mental patient on parole, and the mother of the family who has some kind of phobia and therefore can't come out of her house. Highly recommended, even if you haven't seen Troll 2.

Troll 2 - I had seen this one several times already, but the last time was a few years ago and I had never seen this in the cinema before. It was a great experience. I can only say that if you haven't seen this movie, go watch it now. If you like horror or not, if you like bad movies or not, this film is a treat for all. If you won't laugh one time during this movie, I will get you a case of beer to make up for the 93 lost minutes of your life, but I bet I won't have to.

Mon May 03, 2010 3:59 pm
Sabrina the Witch
Sabrina the Witch

I do want to see the best worst movie
nice job :pooper: :cheer:

Mon May 03, 2010 5:01 pm
Living in Nilbog

I went to Imagine Film Festival again (like last year), and visited the "Eyes Wide Open" double-bill evening. The theme was Astron-6, a Canadian collective of five guys who like to make movies in the tradition of 70s and 80s VHS films. So they barely use cgi and go for (sometimes deliberately crappy) stop-motion, miniatures exploding and for pig's blood and other "real" gore. Steven Kostanski, one of the group's members and mostly directing and making the special effects for the films, was present in the theatre and we got to see a live interview with him about making films and both features which were shown in the theatre that evening. Funny guy, and only 25 years old. I know I'm a fan of Astron-6 now and I will try to keep track of any future endeavors made by them.

Insanophenia - first off a 10 minute short was shown, it was about two bughunters/extinguishers who meet up with a third guy and that third guy only rambles commercial talk, really weird but also funny. After this talk, they go downstairs and extinguish several creatures which look a bit like those puppets from Tool videoclips. Soon everything goes wrong. Witty and with charming stop-motion effects, good intro for the evening.

Manborg - fighting against the armies of hell, lead by Count Draculon, a guy loses his older brother and wakes up on a labtable; he has been transformed into a half man half cyborg creature: manborg. He wants to get revenge for his brohter's death, but he gets jailed by the baron, yet another monster from the armies of hell. Working together with colourful types such as #1 Man and Justice, he fights himself a way out of the arena and then starts to overthrow the reign of Draculon. Hilarious film with a lot of "good" sfx and funny jokes. Highly recommended for bad moviefans. Steven Kostanski told us that it will get released on BR/DVD, so keep an eye out!

Father's Day - this one is about a killer who used to rape and murder fathers only. Now, years later, a guy whose father fell victim to this killer, seeks revenge and he joins forces with a priest and a street hustler in order to find and kill the Father's Day Killer. Again, funny stuff and over the top gore are splashing into your face and yet again this is a total pleasure, especially for bad moviefans. As only drawback I can say that because it was picked up by the Troma team, we get to see the obligatory Lloyd Kaufmann appearance and that was a bit of bummer for me as I always find him very, very unfunny. On the plus side: his appearance is OK-ish and not so dumb as in most other Troma films. One of the best titles I have ever seen wearing the Troma tag, and I think these credits should go to Astron-6 for 100%. Also, Amy Groening is a hot broad, wow. Highly recommended again! DVD should be out in June, at least that's what Steve told us.

Sunday evening I'm gonna go again to see Iron Sky!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:19 pm
Veggie Fridge
Veggie Fridge

:bang: :pooper: :cheese: :cheer:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:55 pm
Official ShitLover
Official ShitLover

Slayer wrote:
If you won't laugh one time during this movie, I will get you a case of beer to make up for the 93 lost minutes of your life, but I bet I won't have to.

I didn't laugh even once! The easiest case of Dutch beer ever made! :cheer: :orcass:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:10 am
Living in Nilbog

A bit late to take me up on that offer, but hey, why don't you come and pick it up? It is waiting for you on my balcony.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:58 am
Official ShitLover
Official ShitLover

Slayer wrote:
, why don't you come and pick it up? It is waiting for you on my balcony.

JK, when I'll be coming to or near Amsterdam, I'll call you guys up, but I'm buying because basically - I lied. :lol: I laughed every time I saw T2... A lot.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:47 am