So Bad It's Good
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:53 am

How To Burn VHS-Rips 
Freshly Squeezed Turd
Freshly Squeezed Turd

Post How To Burn VHS-Rips
hey all i was wonderin how do u know if movie is a vhs-rip if it aint labled vhs-rip cus i heard u cud burn vhs-rips to blank cd-r and what software is best fer burnin them to cd-r and how long wud it take...someone plz help me cus i wanna burn lot of the vhs-rips to blank cd-r also is it like watchin a vhs movie when burnin to cd-r...thanx...

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:59 pm
Mr. TightAss

Post Re: How To Burn VHS-Rips
tape, check.
zippo, check.
anus, check.

fire.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:45 am
Sabrina the Witch
Sabrina the Witch

gav616 wrote:
tape, check.
zippo, check.
anus, check.

fire.

spoken like a true veteran :pooper:

but i'm pretty sure you can go to a photoshop somewhere. they usually have the VHS to DVD equipment :probe:

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:28 am
Microwave Turd
Microwave Turd

Hmm... just taking a stab at it here... but couldn't you simply get a video card with tv tuner capabilities, hook up the vcr out to the cable in, and use some form of recording software to capture the input? (never tried it before, but figure it should be about that easy)

Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:19 am
Sabrina the Witch
Sabrina the Witch

dvd-recorder should do the trick
connect your vhs-player to it and off you go..same as camcorder
...i do, just pick the highest quality setting and burn to dvdr, not cdr
or when you also have a harddrive in your dvdrecoder you can put it on harddrive first then and perhaps split the movie and then burn to dvd
100 minute movie should be about 1200-1300MB mpeg2
even can put the file back on comp after burning and re-encode the thing again by using filters, cropping and make it XviD... whatever
just like any other dvd

Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:59 pm
Official ShitLover
Official ShitLover

You're all missing the point (except for gav616 who was spot on :teeth:). OP didn't ask how to rip a VHS tape :lol:

Cling wrote:
hey all i was wonderin how do u know if movie is a vhs-rip if it aint labled vhs-rip

Because you feel like you're watching VHS and not DVD. And in fact, you are.

Cling wrote:
cus i heard u cud burn vhs-rips to blank cd-r and what software is best fer burnin them to cd-r and how long wud it take...

Software? I use Nero 6 lately. Burning-time depends on the speed of your drive.

Cling wrote:
someone plz help me cus i wanna burn lot of the vhs-rips to blank cd-r also is it like watchin a vhs movie when burnin to cd-r...thanx...

Basically, yes.

Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:30 pm
Microwave Turd
Microwave Turd

gnollie wrote:
You're all missing the point (except for gav616 who was spot on :teeth:). OP didn't ask how to rip a VHS tape :lol:

Yes, and no.. we were all probably just focused on the part where he/she actually asked for help (below), and just forgot about the first question...lol

Cling wrote:
someone plz help me cus i wanna burn lot of the vhs-rips to blank cd-r also is it like watchin a vhs movie when burnin to cd-r...thanx...

I would have to agree though... without a good chunk of time spent using filters, etc., a VHS rip will look like a VHS rip. It will have color distortions if they are present, it will be grainy, and it will have all the flaws, lags, etc., that the original has. If the tape isn't used very much though, and is in "like new" condition, the only thing you'd probably really notice aside from a slight issue with clarity typical of VHS vs DVD quality, would be the lack of clear channel separation in the audio. That's why although a VHS rip can be good for a hard to find film, a DVD rip is always better. :D

Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:33 pm
Sabrina the Witch
Sabrina the Witch

well you'll be amazed what you can do with a crappy vhs tape, it can even come out looking better then the original and i ain't a filter and script freak like elguaxo and Lux to name a few :D . they are great :bow:

(btw my comment about it being 1200-1300MB is horseshit :)...that happens after encoding it to XviD and can be more or less, depending on playtime etc)

Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:39 am