So Bad It's Good
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am

Screen resolution/resize issue 
Official ShitLover
Official ShitLover

Post Screen resolution/resize issue
So I have a PC with ATI Radeon 4600 HD in it, and I have 3 connectors - HDMI, DVI and VGA. I have my primary monitor connected to DVI, secondary monitor to VGA and HDMI is hooked with TV. Since I can't enable all three monitors at the same time, when I want to watch a HD movie, I enable HDMI and disable secondary monitor, but it's not a problem. I use the extended desktop option, it?s very useful for me when I work something since most of the time I need lots of stuff on screen simultaniously.

But I have a problem with display size, both on secondary monitor and on TV - it seems too big and I don't know how to resize it :beh: :shy: So when I have some application onscreen on secondary monitor or TV and when I set it to fullscreen display, the borders of the application are outside of the screen. I tried resizing the desktop through Catalyst Control Center, but it doesn?t do shit. I also tried to mess around with native desktop properties (Win 7), but didn?t solve it. Tried with different screen resolution ? still nothing. Am I missing some obvious and easy solution? Is it importand that my monitors have different ARs (main display is 16:10 (Samsung 2233BW) and secondary monitor and TV are 16:9)? I guess that shouldn?t make any difference since I should adjust resolution of each monitor individually, but still...

This is the first ATI card I have, I always used nVidia family cards and I never had such problems. But, when I was assembling my new PC after 7-8 years of having only laptops, it happened that I had this card lying around so I used it. Fucking ATI.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:55 am
Veggie Fridge
Veggie Fridge

Post Re: Screen resolution/resize issue
Sorry mate, no clue here

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:14 pm
End of Level Boss
End of Level Boss

gnollie wrote:
ATI

Right now I don't have an ATI video card around to look for this, but its drivers are insane. Everything is there, but buried away in the most unusual places.

edit: maybe this will help, I think the keyword is "overscan"
http://superuser.com/questions/57239/ho ... rol-center
http://superuser.com/questions/45323/ki ... ti-drivers

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:43 pm
Official ShitLover
Official ShitLover

elguaxo wrote:
gnollie wrote:
ATI

Right now I don't have an ATI video card around to look for this, but its drivers are insane. Everything is there, but buried away in the most unusual places.

Fuckers. So I guess that I should get rid of this crap and buy some decent cheap nVidia card :wha:

elguaxo wrote:

Offline ATM, gonna check later :cheer: Article titles look promising, thanks :huge: I did mess with overscan settings a bit though, didn't help either.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:11 am