So Bad It's Good
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 am

Forum Suggestion # 1 and # 2 from the GSR 
The Irish Cougar

Post Forum Suggestion # 1 and # 2 from the GSR
# 1[align=left]I got to thinking that maybe we should have a good movie review area. For recent movies that have just been released on dvd and in theaters. Since the modern movie critic does not rate any movie as acceptable anymore. For example, I have seen Click and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest; I could give my take on the movie and that way other people could want to go see the movie from our accounts of what we thought. [/align]
# 2[align=left]Another thing that the site could have is a video game review area, for the newest video games or video games that you should of played but didn't.[/align]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[align=center]Well what do you think guys would that be acceptable to have on the site, and we don't have to limit it to hollywood movies, just any movie that is theaters or have been released onto dvd. Of course these movies won't be bad, but I feel that the site is mainly a download site and it would be nice to put more effort into the "forum" categories of the site. By including the Movie Reviews and Video Game Review I feel that the actual forum area would be getting alot more hits then what it currently gets, since most people just visit the site to download the emule links.[/align]

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:11 pm
God Complexed Mod

Yeah I like the Idea of new movie and game reviews, I'm pretty sure half of us play games and watch new releases.

Self Proclaim Jack Ass

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:16 pm
Veggie Fridge
Veggie Fridge

Post Re: Forum Suggestion # 1 and # 2 from the GSR
The_Green_Samurai_Ranger wrote:
# 1[align=left]I got to thinking that maybe we should have a good movie review area. For recent movies that have just been released on dvd and in theaters. Since the modern movie critic does not rate any movie as acceptable anymore. For example, I have seen Click and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest; I could give my take on the movie and that way other people could want to go see the movie from our accounts of what we thought. [/align]
# 2[align=left]Another thing that the site could have is a video game review area, for the newest video games or video games that you should of played but didn't.[/align]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[align=center]Well what do you think guys would that be acceptable to have on the site, and we don't have to limit it to hollywood movies, just any movie that is theaters or have been released onto dvd. Of course these movies won't be bad, but I feel that the site is mainly a download site and it would be nice to put more effort into the "forum" categories of the site. By including the Movie Reviews and Video Game Review I feel that the actual forum area would be getting alot more hits then what it currently gets, since most people just visit the site to download the emule links.[/align]

#1 Well there once was a section for "good" movies but Lux deleted it. Don't know about the reviews, they could be section in the so bad it's good forum but then again, i don't think there's gonna be a whole lot of reviews put up there unless u guys are willing to put the effort and time in it.
#2 I think is a good idea, but again i don't think there would be a lot of reviews put up there.

I could be proven wrong though, but that's my 2 cents.
Any one else got anything to say about it?
:cheer:

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:24 pm
God Complexed Mod

Pure wrote:

#1 Well there once was a section for "good" movies but Lux deleted it. Don't know about the reviews, they could be section in the so bad it's good forum but then again, i don't think there's gonna be a whole lot of reviews put up there unless u guys are willing to put the effort and time in it.
#2 I think is a good idea, but again i don't think there would be a lot of reviews put up there.

I could be proven wrong though, but that's my 2 cents.
Any one else got anything to say about it?
:cheer:

Their would be alot of review for games since atleast like 10 games come out a month, I could do reviews for the X box 360 when I get it out the pawn shop.

Self Proclaim Jack Ass

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:27 pm
Veggie Fridge
Veggie Fridge

Mr. Death wrote:
Their would be alot of review for games since atleast like 10 games come out a month, I could do reviews for the X box 360 when I get it out the pawn shop.

So you mean reviews by gamesites/mags. whatever?! I thought GSR meant to put them up himself. I mean writing them.
Hmm, I dunno dude(s) :teeth: Let's wait what the others got to say :cheer:

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:32 pm
The Irish Cougar

Pure wrote:
Mr. Death wrote:

So you mean reviews by gamesites/mags. whatever?! I thought GSR meant to put them up himself. I mean writing them.
Hmm, I dunno dude(s) :teeth: Let's wait what the others got to say :cheer:

No I meant that you write them yourself. But yea I would try to post in that topic as much as possible, mainly late night and on the weekends. Since in the mornings I'm in class at college.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

#1... Im not into it very much... I mean it would be mostly for cinema releases or good movies (if I got that right), and that doesn't flow with the forum's idea, which is So Bad It's Good... Unless someone would like to review the shitters we have here, but one can do that in the thread of the movie release, or in the Bad Movie section.

#2... The games I have nothing against, but really depends on how many people would participate, I for one don't play them... So let's see how many are interested in that one.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:50 pm
The Irish Cougar

#1... Im not into it very much... I mean it would be mostly for cinema releases or good movies (if I got that right), and that doesn't flow with the forum's idea, which is So Bad It's Good... Unless someone would like to review the shitters we have here, but one can do that in the thread of the movie release, or in the Bad Movie section.

#2... The games I have nothing against, but really depends on how many people would participate, I for one don't play them... So let's see how many are interested in that one.

Well shite, at least one caught your eye, I see your point of view on the first suggestion, but the way I look at it is like this. Just because the site name is So Bad It's Good, doesn't mean that we always have to have bad things on the site, look at anime forums like Kaizoku and Arlong park. Those forums have categories over things that do not related to anime at all, Which some people just visit those sites just for those topics.

At least the video game category you liked.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:58 pm
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Yeah but anime forums are generally visited by people with many views, and rarely lovers of cheesy b-movie crappers. So it's only natural to have an off-topic or somethin like that category.

This on the other hand, is a specific forum (just like the site) which deals with bad movies, so putting a category for good movies would be like putting my dick in a sack of knives :eek:

In it's way, the forum is unique on the whole net, and I like how that stands out.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:06 pm
The Irish Cougar

Yeah but anime forums are generally visited by people with many views, and rarely lovers of cheesy b-movie crappers. So it's only natural to have an off-topic or somethin like that category.

This on the other hand, is a specific forum (just like the site) which deals with bad movies, so putting a category for good movies would be like putting my dick in a sack of knives :eek:

In it's way, the forum is unique on the whole net, and I like how that stands out.

So does this mean that you'll make a video game review topic?

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:13 pm
God Complexed Mod

Your Idoit sometime lux, any good forum has one thing in common and that is it appeals to everyone not just one group, and I hate to say it but some rule type of rules.

Self Proclaim Jack Ass

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:15 pm
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

I never said I will. I said I want to know how many are interested and would participate.

Mr. Death wrote:
Your Idoit sometime lux, any good forum has one thing in common and that is it appeals to everyone not just one group, and I hate to say it but some rule type of rules.

So you're saying that a forum like this ---> http://forum.dead-donkey.com/ which is horror only, is a stupid one?

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:15 pm
God Complexed Mod

I never said I will. I said I want to know how many are interested and would participate.

Mr. Death wrote:

So you're saying that a forum like this ---> http://forum.dead-donkey.com/ which is horror only, is a stupid one?

First off I can't really comment on that forum never been their before, Maybe I should have made it more clearer any Great forum has one thing in common and that is it appeals to everyone not just one group, and I hate to say it but some rule type of rules

Not mindless posting, in which most of the thread are posted on their by their admin and mods not by actual members.

Self Proclaim Jack Ass

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:27 pm
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

HHAH is a great forum, and it centers around the horror community. So what do you mean "appeal to everyone" what we need? Ton of sections which have nothing to do with b-movies?

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:30 pm
God Complexed Mod

HHAH is a great forum, and it centers around the horror community. So what do you mean "appeal to everyone" what we need? Ton of sections which have nothing to do with b-movies?

No, but we really don't need most of all the download sections their is

Self Proclaim Jack Ass

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:35 pm
The Irish Cougar

Not mindless posting, in which most of the thread are posted on their by their admin and moderators not by actual members.

I have to agree on this one Lux, expect for the mindlessly posting part, we moderators post more then the regular members. It's not so much sad as it is as pathetic, because this shows how many true members the forum has.

My two forum suggestion ideas were to just have more various topics/sections that a regular forum has, the more various topics the more members it will attract to those topics, since not everyone cares aboot bad movies and etc.

EDIT: I'm not saying that your way is wrong at all, but you can agree with me on this. You would like to see that whose online filled up all the time with hundreds of members wouldn't you?

Last edited by The_Green_Samurai_Ranger on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:40 pm
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:41 pm
God Complexed Mod

Those being?

?

Edit: just testing something :ele: :ele:

Self Proclaim Jack Ass

Last edited by Mr. Death on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:44 pm
The Irish Cougar

EDIT: I'm not saying that your way is wrong at all, but you can agree with me on this. You would like to see that whose online filled up all the time with hundreds of members wouldn't you?

Lux wrote:
those being?

read my edit, please. oh and get on yahoo eventually, since the JA crew is now online again.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:44 pm
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

My question was pointed to Death, about the sections he thought were unnecesseary (the download sections)...

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:46 pm
God Complexed Mod

My question was pointed to Death, about the sections he thought were unnecesseary (the download sections)...

I mean I don't mind the bad documentaries section, but why have so many different section for comedy and crap , when you can just have one big section or section within a section.

Self Proclaim Jack Ass

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:50 pm
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Cause it's easier to navigate through genres. And phpbb can't have a section within a section (unless there's some sort of big hacky mod that doest that). I presume you're reffering to the subsections like at Arlong. They can have that, because it's not phpbb but Vbulletin ;)

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:52 pm
God Complexed Mod

Cause it's easier to navigate through genres. And phpbb can't have a section within a section (unless there's some sort of big hacky mod that doest that). I presume you're reffering to the subsections like at Arlong. They can have that, because it's not phpbb but Vbulletin ;)

If you say so I really don't know much about the different type of forum craps.

Self Proclaim Jack Ass

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:54 pm
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:58 pm
Anal Muffin
Anal Muffin

1. there is no good reason for a good movie review here, it dont go with the style of the forum, this is a so bad its good movie forum... and we allready have bad movie reviews, if people want to type a review... should be enough...

2. since this forum is a movie only forum this game review dont fit here...

thats what i think about this....

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:38 am
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Ok, let's here more posts on this subject :cum:

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:40 am
Anal Muffin
Anal Muffin

okay... if people here must do a good movie review or a game review... just post it in the toilet section... that should be enough...

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:43 am
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

:lol: :lol: Well it's not like people wanted to do it :ele:

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:44 am
Veggie Fridge
Veggie Fridge

Post Come on people
Mr. Death wrote:
Not mindless posting, in which most of the thread are posted on their by their admin and moderators not by actual members.

I have to agree on this one Lux, expect for the mindlessly posting part, we moderators post more then the regular members. It's not so much sad as it is as pathetic, because this shows how many true members the forum has.

Well i think at least 2/3 of all my posts we're or movies or replies to certain posts i wouldn't call that mindless let alone pathetic because the Bad Movie/Series eD2k Downloads section needs to be filled up with all the crap on the net (the same goes for dOc and GrInd etc.).
About all the different "subsections", i think those are more than welcome since like Lux said it makes it easy to navigate. This is very needed when this place starts to fill up.
As you will see the most posts/replies 'we' get on this forum nowadays are for the posted movies.

HHAH or Dead Donkey is a fucking awesome place i wouldn't dare talk trash about it (not saying anyone did).
But hey i you guys want videogame reviews why not put them up in the toilet section and check out how many replies we get for those.
That way it's pretty clear to see if it's needed/wanted or not. I know i don't play a lot of games anymore, maybe some occasional Doukutsu (?) but that would be about it.

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:44 am
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Re: Come on people
Pure wrote:
Mr. Death wrote:

Well i think at least 2/3 of all my posts we're or movies or replies to certain posts i wouldn't call that mindless let alone pathetic because the Bad Movie/Series eD2k Downloads section needs to be filled up with all the crap on the net (the same goes for dOc and GrInd etc.).
About all the different "subsections", i think those are more than welcome since like Lux said it makes it easy to navigate. This is very needed when this place starts to fill up.
As you will see the most posts/replies 'we' get on this forum nowadays are for the posted movies.

HHAH or Dead Donkey is a fucking awesome place i wouldn't dare talk trash about it (not saying anyone did).
But hey i you guys want videogame reviews why not put them up in the toilet section and check out how many replies we get for those.
That way it's pretty clear to see if it's needed/wanted or not. I know i don't play a lot of games anymore, maybe some occasional Doukutsu (?) but that would be about it.

Quoted for truth :cum:

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:45 am