So Bad It's Good
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 It burns when I poop or The HOT PEPPERS thread! 
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

Post Re: It burns when I poop or The HOT PEPPERS thread!
Well, as I read some advices about peppers, I decided to plant seeds sooner this year.
And also I came to conclusion that Naga may be the hottest one but it is also the dullest one, so no Naga fot this crop.
This year's my sweet cutie babies areeee *drum roll*:

* scotch bonnet
* habanero orange
* trinidad 7 pot
* trinidad scorpion
* red savina

I really want to try Scotch bonnet from when gnollie :huge: put it into my field of interest and I started to notice more and more of it in advices, blogs and recipes.

Trinidads are, of course, thanks to 'max's last year crop. They also got my attention ( cheers mate :cheer: )

And Red savina got my attention when I read this:
"The Red Savina pepper is a cultivar of the habanero chili. In February 2007, the Red Savina chili was displaced in Guinness World Records as the hottest chili in the world by the Naga Jolokia pepper. The Red Savina held the record from 1994 until 2006." And, as I said, I really LOVE habaneros ;)

This is also the first time I'm using peat tablets and I hope that some good will happen from 25 seeded seeds (5 of each plant)

As always, I'll keep you updated whit *hot* news ;)

:cheer:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:35 pm
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Nice one, Toni! :cheer: :drool:

Me and vohi are thinking to do the same - early plant.
And I'm thinking I'll plant only Trinidat Scopion, Bhut Jolokia (I'm going to use seeds from last years crop. Maybe the wont be as close as hot as last years, but I'm willing to try and know for myself) , and Jalapenos (which I still have to order).
Gonna check-in in a few weeks with pics (hopefully).

Can't wait 'till summertime. :cheer: Image

Also I'm thinking it's time to grind my dry ones, but as always I'm to lazy to do it. So they're still hanging, and I pick them one at the time. Which wasn't my plan... damn lazyness. :lol:

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:20 am
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

`max wrote:
Nice one, Toni! :cheer: :drool:

`max wrote:
Me and vohi are thinking to do the same - early plant.
And I'm thinking I'll plant only Trinidat Scopion, Bhut Jolokia (I'm going to use seeds from last years crop. Maybe the wont be as close as hot as last years, but I'm willing to try and know for myself) , and Jalapenos (which I still have to order).
Gonna check-in in a few weeks with pics (hopefully).

I didn't get much habaneros last year and I read that they need some 2-4 weeks more to sprout then other peppers, so I planted them now.
And Jalapenos...well, don't expect much from them :D

`max wrote:
Also I'm thinking it's time to grind my dry ones, but as always I'm to lazy to do it. So they're still hanging, and I pick them one at the time. Which wasn't my plan... damn lazyness. :lol:

Yup, last night, I got my two threads off the heat radiators and carried them to the kitchen but that's that :lol: I guess I'll grind them today, but with a coffee grinder, to get a fine powder. I have a Mortar and pestle, but I want fine powder, and not flakes, of the Jolokia and Habanero mix :cheer:
:lol: no matter that Baba Yaga lives in mortar and pestle, I'll use electric grinder

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:51 am
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

Toni_B wrote:
Yup, last night, I got my two threads off the heat radiators and carried them to the kitchen but that's that :lol: I guess I'll grind them today,

Did it :) fucker burned my nose on the inside during the process and forced tears in my eyes, but I did it :)
I can totally understand how they can make anti riot gas from it. Success is 100% guaranteed.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:24 pm
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Oh my! I totally forgot about that burning. This adds few more weeks to my lazyness. :haha: And come to think of it, I have only two tiny threads (with no more than 20 peppers on them), and... Damn it! This is just my "don't do it" speech. And that's not what I want! Hope I'll do them this weekend, though... finally. :cheese:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:22 am
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

So, how's the seeding going people?!

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:15 pm
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Yesterday, me, vohi and brickbat ordered these:

Image Image Image

For the rakia
Image Image

And some ordinary sweet pepper

Little less hotness this year. Of course, I'll plant seeds from my last harvest of jolokia, habanero and trinidad scorpion for that hot-hot-hotness we all know and love. :love: Don't know if they're gonna be as hot as last years (probably not), but I'll try nevertheless.

I forget to share with you, guys!
Few weeks back I pour myself a nice hot bowl of Shkembe Chorba, and I put a whole (not that big, but still big enough) dried jolokia. Maaaan, oh, maaaan! I couldn't eat my bowl. The fire was unbelievable! Kept me going foe two hours straight! Afterwords I went to the kitchen and finished the bowl (there's was about two spoons left), so that charged me for another hour. And the most mind blowing thing was, three days later I licked my fingers, and it BURNED ME AGAIN! :eek: And yes, I washed my hand many times in these three days... It's amazing, the hotness these fucker carry. :cheer:

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:15 pm
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

`max wrote:

For the rakia
Image Image

What do you mean for rakija?! :)

`max wrote:
I forget to share with you, guys!
Few weeks back I pour myself a nice hot bowl of Shkembe Chorba, and I put a whole (not that big, but still big enough) dried jolokia. Maaaan, oh, maaaan! I couldn't eat my bowl. The fire was unbelievable! Kept me going foe two hours straight! Afterwords I went to the kitchen and finished the bowl (there's was about two spoons left), so that charged me for another hour. And the most mind blowing thing was, three days later I licked my fingers, and it BURNED ME AGAIN! :eek: And yes, I washed my hand many times in these three days... It's amazing, the hotness these fucker carry. :cheer:

Excellent! :cheer:
Mine are not that hot, only the habanero is scorching! Naga is....well, not :beh:

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 pm
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Toni_B wrote:
What do you mean for rakija?! :)

Yep. Here we call it ?????. So it's either "rakia", or "rakiq". In chat language that is. But it's the same thing. Probably more kicking than yours. We make the most hardcore rakija ~50-52? (some people go overboard and make it more that 60?) :beh: You need some good salad for that shit.

Toni_B wrote:
Excellent! :cheer:
Mine are not that hot, only the habanero is scorching! Naga is....well, not :beh:

I think it's better that way. Because now I eat of those peppers very really, as I don't want to feel my mouth like raped by a elephant very often. :hihi: :ele:

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:34 pm
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

PS: Wait, obviously I didn't get your question (thanks, vohi). HAHAHAAH
For the rakia - I meant for the salad which goes with the rakia. :hihi:

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:41 pm
Official ShitLover
Official ShitLover

`max wrote:

That's a nice combo :lol:

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:29 pm
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

`max wrote:

Not only that man :lol: then you start insulting; "Probably more kicking than yours."
Your words call for a test!
A Rakija Duel!
To Arms! Off to the house of pain!!

Anyway (I donno if you already discussed it), what salad? I mean is that only sliced tomatoes with rakija or what?!

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:02 am
Official ShitLover
Official ShitLover

Toni_B wrote:

Not only that man :lol: then you start insulting; "Probably more kicking than yours."
Your words call for a test!
A Rakija Duel!
To Arms! Off to the house of pain!!

I'll be tha judge :teeth: :cool:

Toni_B wrote:
Anyway (I donno if you already discussed it), what salad? I mean is that only sliced tomatoes with rakija or what?!

If I understood correctly, they eat salad and drink rakija :bearsy:

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:47 am
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Toni_B wrote:

Didn't meant to offend you, but I think it's true. :lol: I'm not saying it's better, but probably stronger. I've seen Russians (fucking Russians, man) drinking from our rakia, and it wasn't a pretty sight afterwords. :lol:
One time a Czech (it is a difficult word!) took a zip from the bottle, and instantly fell on his back, he was pretty drunk though. But I don't think he saw that one coming. :lol: Anyway, I'm not the biggest rakia drinker, come to think of it, I'm not rakia drinker at all (love my beer belly :love:). But so far I haven't heard for a more stronger shit, than the one we make. Hell, even people from the other side of Bulgaria are afraid to drink it. :cracked:

Toni_B wrote:

You know, the usual: Tomatoes, onions, slat, cooking oil. Usually this is the base. But you can (as I'm sure you know) put other veggies (and meat) as well. :cheer:

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:58 am
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

gnollie wrote:
Toni_B wrote:

You're damn right. This is our appetizer. :haha:

But some old drunks, don't need even that. There's a joke (well, not a joke, `cos I know it's true). Old drunks carry dry fish in their wallets, and when they sit down to drink rakia, they take out the fish and don't eat it, only smell it. :hihi:

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 am
Official ShitLover
Official ShitLover

`max wrote:
gnollie wrote:

You're damn right. This is our appetizer. :haha:

I understand you... We prefer to eat some smoked meat for that purpose though :lol: Fuck the salad :cow:

`max wrote:
But some old drunks, don't need even that. There's a joke (well, not a joke, `cos I know it's true). Old drunks carry dry fish in their wallets, and when they sit down to drink rakia, they take out the fish and don't eat it, only smell it. :hihi:

:lol:

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 am
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

`max wrote:
Toni_B wrote:

Didn't meant to offend you, but I think it's true. :lol: I'm not saying it's better, but probably stronger. I've seen Russians (fucking Russians, man) drinking from our rakia, and it wasn't a pretty sight afterwords. :lol:

:cracked: I bet :D

`max wrote:
One time a Czech (it is a difficult word!)

`max wrote:
took a zip from the bottle, and instantly fell on his back, he was pretty drunk though. But I don't think he saw that one coming. :lol: Anyway, I'm not the biggest rakia drinker, come to think of it, I'm not rakia drinker at all (love my beer belly :love:). But so far I haven't heard for a more stronger shit, than the one we make. Hell, even people from the other side of Bulgaria are afraid to drink it. :cracked:

Now it's a challenge :D

`max wrote:
Toni_B wrote:

You know, the usual: Tomatoes, onions, slat, cooking oil. Usually this is the base. But you can (as I'm sure you know) put other veggies (and meat) as well. :cheer:

A-haaaaa, I thought it's something else. Donno why but I pictured it as tomatoes salad, but with rakija instead of vinegar.
And yes, as gnollie said, we drink it with some dried, smoked meat...although your sounds more healthier :D
More Pure like :huge:

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:27 am
Midget Spanker
Midget Spanker

hey everybody loves our "shopska" salad it's the best thing for rakia in the summer

it's not the best picture but you get the idea :lol: :bang:
if you add meat and maybe eggs it becomes a shepard salad

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 pm
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Toni_B wrote:
And yes, as gnollie said, we drink it with some dried, smoked meat...although your sounds more healthier :D
More Pure like :huge:

Aaaaand it's cheaper. You can have homegrown product for lots of drunk parties, just with two buckets of water per week. :party: :haha:

PS: This is the Bulgarian way (random pic):

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:48 pm
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

I know for ?opska salata, and it is a hit, although I am not a salad fan so I can't say I like it. For me, personally, lettuce salad is top. I think I ordered ?opska only once in my life. Tried it, and it was ok, really, but not something absolutely great as other people here describe it :D Croats have the need to exaggerate sometimes, no matter what :D
Hm...maybe my bad was because I ordered it with pljeskavica on onions with kajmak and baked beans on the side. Maybe I should try it with rakija only, a? ;)

And :D I like the Bulgarian way :D Fish and vegetables. Man, that IS healthy.
Anyway, I think that we all (Slavic people) really differ in minor things.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:11 pm
Midget Spanker
Midget Spanker

aah yeah the lettuce salad is number one for me too but they are only spring time i mean the real one from the garden after that is tomatoes :D

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:29 pm
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

We're kinda drifting away from the topic of the thread.
But also one of my favorite salads is: Peeled cucumber, salt, vinegar and little cooking oil. This one also is perfect for rakia. `cos the vinegar in the salad suppresses the burning rakia. And then you need something else to suppress the vinegar taste, so you dring rakia again. And so on, and on, and ooon, aadnn ooonooo, adnddneaanooon... :lol:

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:56 pm
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

`max wrote:
We're kinda drifting away from the topic of the thread.

:lol:
Yea, well it all started with tomatoes and damn rakija

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:55 pm
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

For now; 3 Scotch Bonnets and 1 Habanero Orange are out of the ground :ele:

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 am
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Mine are not doing so well:

Quote:
Your item was processed through our JAMAICA, NY 11430 facility on February 27, 2012 at 11:19 am. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

:hihi:

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 am
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Just arrived today. All 6 packages. I'm gonna start preparing to plant them. Think I'll do it like last year. Next week I'll plant them in and leave them on the balcony to absorb the sun. And move them outdoors mid April when the ground is warm. To be continue... (hopefully with pics) :cheer:

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 am
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

`max wrote:
Just arrived today. All 6 packages.

`max wrote:
I'm gonna start preparing to plant them. Think I'll do it like last year. Next week I'll plant them in and leave them on the balcony to absorb the sun. And move them outdoors mid April when the ground is warm. To be continue... (hopefully with pics) :cheer:

I already have 6 of them out (from 25). Two are already with 4 leaves. I am planing to get them sooner to have more sun on the fruit. I wasn't really happy how it all went last year.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:22 am
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Done!

I've planted the seeds 50 cups with 3 seeds inside. And two yogurt cups with tomatoes.
And I finally managed to grind my last years. The sad thing is I couldn't find rubber gloves (found them the other day, and I don't know where I put them...), so it crushed them with bear hands. And of course my hand in burning like shit now, but it's a good burn. Gotta watch out for my eyes, and especially my weener. :eek:

I'll post pics later, `couse I'm two beat up to take them now. Stay put! :cheer:

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:35 pm
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

`max wrote:
Done!

I've planted the seeds 50 cups with 3 seeds inside. And two yogurt cups with tomatoes.
And I finally managed to grind my last years. The sad thing is I couldn't find rubber gloves (found them the other day, and I don't know where I put them...), so it crushed them with bear hands. :cheer:

How? I used a coffee beans blender to get somewhat of a fine powderish substance.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:02 am
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Yeah, but mine's broken, so I went for the next best thing I had in hand. My hand is still burning, though. :lol:

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next