So Bad It's Good
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:38 pm

Google pisses me off 
Official ShitLover
Official ShitLover

Post Google pisses me off
With all that's happening lately, now Google wants to track me and "personalize" service for me. Well I don't want that. So, fuck Google.

Now, what alternatives you suggest :D

Concerning Google services, I use search engine and Gmail.

OK, I have found some alternatives for the search engine (for the time being, I'll use http://www.dogpile.com).

That leaves me with the Gmail replacement problem. At the moment I have two active POP accounts with local providers - one that I've been using for over 10 years and it's too complicated to get rid of (let's call it "A"), and the other one that forwards e-mails to my Blackberry ("B"). So, at first I simply forwarded all the e-mail from A to B, but since A is riddled with spam, I inserted Gmail between them and set up Gmail filters because I want only e-mails from certain persons and domains to get forwarded to B (and to my Blackberry account). With that in mind, I'm looking for a webmail with decent storage space and filtering options. Any suggestions?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:42 pm
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

Post Re: Google pisses me off
gnollie wrote:
That leaves me with the Gmail replacement problem. At the moment I have two active POP accounts with local providers - one that I've been using for over 10 years and it's too complicated to get rid of (let's call it "A"), and the other one that forwards e-mails to my Blackberry ("B"). So, at first I simply forwarded all the e-mail from A to B, but since A is riddled with spam, I inserted Gmail between them and set up Gmail filters because I want only e-mails from certain persons and domains to get forwarded to B (and to my Blackberry account). With that in mind, I'm looking for a webmail with decent storage space and filtering options. Any suggestions?

...like reading Chinese :beh:
I'm back on hotmail, that's all for me :cheer:

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:50 pm
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Yeah, they pissed me off too. So as a protest, I don't use my youtube and my google+ acc anymore. :lol:

Oh, and for mail, I'm using good 'ol @mail.bg. I didn't care about the filtering, so can't help you there. But there's a nice 20gigs storage at my disposal. Maybe they add-up with the years - don't know. But I like it there so I'm sticking to them. :lol:

PS: Nice name of the search engine. :loveshit: :haha: Gonna give it a try. :cheer:

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:05 pm
Official ShitLover
Official ShitLover

Toni_B wrote:

Toni_B wrote:

I have a hotmail account used only for registration at various forums, spam all over the place. Doesn't look very promising :beh:

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:18 pm
Violated Toilet
Violated Toilet

gnollie wrote:
Toni_B wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAA :cracked: :cracked: :cracked: :cracked:
This guy gets me everytime :cracked:

gnollie wrote:
Toni_B wrote:

I have a hotmail account used only for registration at various forums, spam all over the place. Doesn't look very promising :beh:

Fuck it. I use mail servers just for mail, and I like to have an empty inbox so I always delete mails and I do not sort them in files and things. I donno where are my papers when I signed the contract with my current ISP...I guess I should have a mail acc there somewhere, but (Praise the Lorda!) today is Friday :cheer: :! so I'll look them up over the blessed weekend. (I still have to get ebay, paypal and other stuff on .hotmail....over the weekend, also) :cheer:

I tried bing yesterday and I have to get used to it. This country based google search really fucked me up :D All links I get are NOT Croatian language based, but I'll get used to it ;)

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:40 pm
Craptorbait
Craptorbait

Toni_B wrote:
today is Friday :cheer:

FUCK YEAH!

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:12 pm
End of Level Boss
End of Level Boss

gnollie wrote:
With all that's happening lately, now Google wants to track me and "personalize" service for me. Well I don't want that. So, fuck Google.

They have always done it and it was clearly stated in their TOS. The new thing is that they integrated and simplified their TOS across all their services and now they say they'll use your data across them. Honestly I don't have a problem with that.

What pisses me off is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx3-idYfY_o
Google's trying to push Google+ and because of that their search results are becoming less relevant.

You can either use the don't be evil bookmarklet or try alternatives like http://duckduckgo.com/

Bing + Hotmail + Microsoft are probably doing the same, they are probably even worse. So fuck them.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:53 pm
Living in Nilbog

gnollie wrote:
...Google wants to track me and "personalize" service for me. Well I don't want that.
I read their stuff and what I think is that everybody is doing that (or worse), except they doon't tell you so clearly. Now Google does so and I appreciate that. Check Google Dashboard and the Data Liberation Front to see how much you can edit yourself. For me personally it is OK, my profile only contains my name and nothing else.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:42 pm
Midget Spanker
Midget Spanker

i see how this can be anoying i only have youtube and gmail 'cuz the android and for now i have no problems even don't felt the changes yet

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:20 am